- •Existing methods for the analysis of EAE neuropathology are primarily qualitative.
- •We describe a method for quantitation of a large segment of the EAE spinal cord.
- •This method allows for determination of percent area for many markers of interest.
- •This method will facilitate discovery of medications that protect axons and myelin.
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Animal models of multiple sclerosis: focus on experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.J. Neurosci. Res. 2018; 96: 1021-1042https://doi.org/10.1002/jnr.24224
- Evaluation of changes in the locomotion and histology of sciatic nerve following experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.J. Morphol. Sci. 2017; 34: 241-246https://doi.org/10.4322/jms.111117
- Experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) as a model for multiple sclerosis (MS): EAE as model for MS.Br. J. Pharmacol. 2011; 164: 1079-1106https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1476 5381.2011.01302.x
- Systematic screening of generic drugs for progressive multiple sclerosis identifies clomipramine as a promising therapeutic.Nat. Commun. 2017; 8: 1990https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-017-02119-6
- Matrix metalloproteinase-12 deficiency worsens relapsing-remitting experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in association with cytokine and chemokine dysregulation.Am. J. Pathol. 2009; 174: 898-909https://doi.org/10.2353/ajpath.2009.080952
- Establishment and characterization of an optimized mouse model of multiple sclerosis-induced neuropathic pain using behavioral, pharmacologic, histologic and immunohistochemical methods.Pharmacol. Biochem. Behav. 2014; 126: 13-27https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pbb.2014.09.003
- Multiple sclerosis animal models: a clinical and histopathological perspective.Brain Pathol. (Zurich, Switzerland). 2017; 27: 123-137https://doi.org/10.1111/bpa.12454
- Mouse models of multiple sclerosis: Experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis and theiler’s virus-induced demyelinating disease.in: Perl A. Autoimmunity. Vol. 900. Humana Press, 2012: 381-401https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-60761-720-4_19
- LINGO-1 antagonist promotes spinal cord remyelination and axonal integrity in MOG-induced experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.Nat. Med. 2007; 13: 1228-1233https://doi.org/10.1038/nm1664
- Laquinimod reduces neuroaxonal injury through inhibiting microglial activation.Ann. Clin. Transl. Neurol. 2014; 1: 409-422https://doi.org/10.1002/acn3.67
- Time-dependent progression of demyelination and axonal pathology in mp4-induced experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.PLoS One. 2015; 10e0144847https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0144847