- •CDR2L is expressed in Purkinje cells and large neurons scattered in the brain stem in adult rat and human brain.
- •CDR2L antigen expression is not sufficient for cells to become a target for the immune response in Yo-associated PCD.
- •CDR2 is detected in vascular smooth muscle cells and in ependymal cells lining the ventricle system in rat brain.
Abbreviations:PCD (paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration), CDR1 (cerebellar degeneration-related protein 1), CDR2 (cerebellar degeneration-related protein 2), CDR2L (cerebellar degeneration-related protein 2-like), CNS (central nervous system), CSF (cerebrospinal fluid), FFPE (formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded), IF (immunofluorescence), IHC (immunohistochemistry), PFA (paraformaldehyde), PBS (phosphate-buffered saline)
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Paraneoplastic anti-Purkinje and type I anti-neuronal nuclear autoantibodies bind selectively to central, peripheral, and autonomic nervous system cells.Lab. Investig. 1991; 65: 412-420
- Paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration: clinical-immunological correlations.Ann. Neurol. 1988; 24: 559-567https://doi.org/10.1002/ana.410240413
- Subacute cortical cerebellar degeneration and its relation to carcinoma.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 1951; 14: 59-75
- A post-transcriptional regulatory mechanism restricts expression of the paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration antigen cdr2 to immune privileged tissues.J. Neurosci. 1997; 17: 1406-1415
- Cloning of a brain protein identified by autoantibodies from a patient with paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 1987; 84: 4552-4556
- CDR2L antibodies: a new player in paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration.PLoS One. 2013; 8e66002https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0066002
- Cloning and Characterization of a Second Leucine Zipper Protein Recognized by the Sera of the Patients with Antibody Associated Paraneoplastic Cerebellar Degeneration.1996
- Characterization of a cDNA encoding a 34-kDa Purkinje neuron protein recognized by sera from patients with paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 1989; 86: 2873-2877
- Selective expression of Purkinje-cell antigens in tumor tissue from patients with paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration.N. Engl. J. Med. 1990; 322: 1844-1851https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM199006283222604
- Antibodies to cerebellar Purkinje cells in patients with paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration and ovarian carcinoma.Ann. Neurol. 1983; 14: 609-613https://doi.org/10.1002/ana.410140603
- Immunoperoxidase labelling of rat brain sections with sera from patients with paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration and systemic neoplasia.J. Neuropathol. Exp. Neurol. 1988; 47: 561-571
- Localization of CDR2L and CDR2 in paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration.Ann. Clin. Transl. Neurol. 2020; 7: 2231-2242https://doi.org/10.1002/acn3.51212
- Proteolytic degradation and potential role of onconeural protein cdr2 in neurodegeneration.Cell Death Dis. 2016; 7e2240https://doi.org/10.1038/cddis.2016.151
- Autoimmune response of patients with paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration to a Purkinje cell cytoplasmic protein antigen.Ann. Neurol. 1985; 18: 592-600https://doi.org/10.1002/ana.410180513
- CDR2L is the major Yo antibody target in paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration.Ann. Neurol. 2019; 86: 316-321https://doi.org/10.1002/ana.25511
- Purkinje cell cytoplasmic autoantibody type 1 accompaniments: the cerebellum and beyond.Arch. Neurol. 2011; 68: 1282-1289https://doi.org/10.1001/archneurol.2011.128
- Autoimmune paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration: immunohistological localization of antibody-binding sites.Clin. Neurol. Neurosurg. 1995; 97: 89-94
- Paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration. I. a clinical analysis of 55 anti-Yo antibody-positive patients.Neurology. 1992; 42: 1931-1937
R&D Systems, 2020. R&D Systems Protocol for the Preparation and Chromogenic IHC Staining of Frozen Tissue Sections. R&D Systems.
- Cerebellar degeneration-related proteins 2 and 2-like are present in ovarian cancer in patients with and without Yo antibodies.Cancer Immunol. Immunother. 2017; 66: 1463-1471https://doi.org/10.1007/s00262-017-2041-8
- Isolation of a complementary DNA clone encoding an autoantigen recognized by an anti-neuronal cell antibody from a patient with paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration.Ann. Neurol. 1990; 28: 692-698https://doi.org/10.1002/ana.410280515
- Paraneoplastic CDR2 and CDR2L antibodies affect Purkinje cell calcium homeostasis.Acta Neuropathol. 2014; 128: 835-852https://doi.org/10.1007/s00401-014-1351-6
- Paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration associated with antineuronal antibodies: analysis of 50 patients.Brain. 2003; 126: 1409-1418
- Genetic alterations and tumor immune attack in Yo paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration.Acta Neuropathol. 2018; 135: 569-579https://doi.org/10.1007/s00401-017-1802-y
- Autoantibodies in paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration bind to cytoplasmic antigens of Purkinje cells in humans, rats and mice and are of multiple immunoglobulin classes.J. Neuroimmunol. 1988; 18: 37-48
- Morphological and immunohistochemical characterization of paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration associated with Yo antibodies.Acta Neurol. Scand. 2009; 120: 64-67https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0404.2008.01138.x
- Paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration with a circulating antibody against neurons and non-neuronal cells.Acta Neuropathol. 1993; 86: 206-211
- Expression of the onconeural protein CDR1 in cerebellum and ovarian cancer.Oncotarget. 2018; 9: 23975-23986https://doi.org/10.18632/oncotarget.25252
- Inflammatory infiltrates and complete absence of Purkinje cells in anti-Yo-associated paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration.Acta Neuropathol. 1996; 91: 519-525