- •There is no significant difference in HRQOL among the subgroups of gender, AQP4-Ab or treatment with immunosuppressants.
- •A poor HRQOL were significantly correlated with anxiety, fatigue, depression, disability and sleep disorder.
- •Age,disease duration and annual relapse rate showed no effect on reduced HRQOL.
- •Anxiety, disability, fatigue and depression were independent predictors of poor HRQOL in NMOSD.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Depressive state and chronic fatigue in multiple sclerosis and neuromyelitis optica.J. Neuroimmunol. 2015; 283: 70-73
- Quality of life in Multiple sclerosis: the impact of depression, fatigue and disability.Mult. Scler. 2001; 7: 340-344
- Burden of illness of multiple sclerosis: part I: cost of illness. The Canadian Burden of Illness Study Group.Can. J. Neurol. Sci. 1998; 25: 23-30
- Fatigue in multiple sclerosis: mechanisms, evaluation, and treatment.Sleep. 2010; 33: 1061-1067
- The Pittsburgh sleep quality index: a new instrument for psychiatric practice and research.Psychiatry Res. 1989; 28: 193-213
- Evaluation of health-related quality of life, fatigue and depression in neuromyelitis optica.Eur. J. Neurol. 2011; 18: 836-841
- Quality of life in multiple sclerosis: theoretical and practical aspects.Rev. Neurol. Paris. 2009; 165: F115-F124
- Measuring the functional impact of fatigue: initial validation of the fatigue impact scale.Clin. Infect. Dis. 1994; 18: S79-S83
- Fatigue in neuroimmunological diseases.J. Neurol. 2007; 254: II102-II106
- The assessment of anxiety states by rating.Br. J. Med. Psychol. 1959; 32: 50-55
- Development of a rating scale for primary depressive illness.Br. J. Soc. Clin. Psychol. 1967; 6: 278-296
- Mycophenolate mofetil in the treatment of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder.JAMA Neurol. 2014; 71: 1372-1378
- Reliability and validity of Chinese version of the multiple sclerosis quality of life-54 questionnaire.Chin. J. Behav. Med. Brain Sci. 2009; https://doi.org/10.3760/cma.j.issn.1674-6554.2009.04.037
- Fatigue in multiple sclerosis: relationship to depression, disability, and disease pattern.Mult. Scler. 2000; 6: 131-136
- Rating neurologic impairment in multiple sclerosis: an expanded disability status scale (EDSS).J. Neurol. 1983; 33: 1444
- Epidemiology and current treatment of neuromyelitis optica: a systematic review.Value Health. 2015; 18: A750-A751
- Factors influencing quality of life in multiple sclerosis patients: disability, depressive mood, fatigue and sleep quality.Acta Neurol. Scand. 2004; 110: 6-13
- The Hamilton Anxiety Scale: reliability, validity and sensitivity to change in anxiety and depressive disorders.J. Affect. Disord. 1988; 14: 61-68
- Test–retest reliability and convergent validity of the Fatigue Impact Scale for persons with multiple sclerosis.Am. J. Occup. Ther. 2003; 57: 389-395
- Validation of the Hamilton Depression Rating Scale and Montgommery and Asberg Rating Scales in terms of AGECAT depression cases.Int. J. Geriatr. Psychiatry. 2000; 15: 1113-1119
- Current symptomatology in multiple sclerosis and neuromyelitis optica.Eur. J. Neurol. 2015; 22: 299-304
- Hypoxemia, sleep disturbances, and depression correlated with fatigue in neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder.CNS Neurosci. Ther. 2015; 21: 599-606
- Fatigue in multiple sclerosis is related to disability, depression and quality of life.J. Neurol. Sci. 2006; 243: 39-45
- The SF 36 health survey questionnaire. A valid measure of health status.BMJ. 1993; 307: 448-449
- Acute and chronic management of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder.Curr. Treat. Options Neurol. 2015; 17: 48
- Sleep abnormality in neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder.Neurol. Neuroimmunol. Neuroinflamm. 2015; 2: e94
- Quality of life in patients with multiple sclerosis in Turkey: relationship to depression and fatigue.J. Neurosci. Nurs. 2010; 42: 267-273
- A health-related quality of life measure for multiple sclerosis.Qual. Life Res. 1995; 4: 187-206
- Serologic diagnosis of NMO: a multicenter comparison of aquaporin-4-IgG assays.Neurology. 2012; 78 (Discussion, 669): 665-671
- The spectrum of neuromyelitis optica.Lancet Neurol. 2007; 6: 805-815
- Revised diagnostic criteria for neuromyelitis optica.Neurology. 2006; 66: 1485-1489https://doi.org/10.1212/01.wnl.0000216139.44259.74